The Chosen – Season 2 – Episode 3
Watch the episode HERE
If someone were to have told you when you were younger you would be a student of the Messiah and help Him on His mission, what would you have said to them?
1. In the episode Mary said Jesus wasn’t waiting for His followers to become holy. He came because they couldn’t be holy without Him. What does that mean to you?
2. Why do we sometimes not ask for God’s help when we know in our hearts He could actually help us?
3. What stood out to you the most about the way the fireside conversation was depicted in the episode? Did you identify with anyone?
4. In the episode, Simon weaponized his faithfulness as a Jew and used it against a fellow Jesus follower, Matthew. As a modern day Christian have you ever “weaponized” your belief to make you feel better about yourself? How can you check yourself when tempted to do this?
5. At the close of the episode, as the disciples fought among themselves, Jesus was thanking His Father for giving Him peace. How could Christians today have more peace instead of repeatedly being drawn into the wrong battles?
Personal Next Steps
∙ Renew and Refresh – This week read Matthew 4:18-25; Zechariah 4:1-14.
∙ Self-Check o Is there something preventing you from inviting Christ to heal something in your life? What’s the first thing that came to your mind? o Are you emotionally or spiritually tired from fighting the wrong battles? What fights could you pull back from to have more strength for Christ’s calling?
∙ Continuing the Conversation – The original disciples following Jesus were obviously not perfect. Who could you talk to about following Jesus who might be encouraged knowing you don’t have to be perfect to follow Him?
∙ Pray – Thank your heavenly Father for inviting you into relationship with Him without you being perfect.